With the rise of apps like TikTok and Instagram, video-based content has taken over the world, especially short-form video content. It is reported that on average people are consuming 17-hour video content per week. 89% of people bought a product or service online after seeing the ad on a social media app. Video marketing is the latest trend in the marketing of goods and services.
Are you wondering what are the video marketing trends in 2023 that you can utilize to run a successful small business? If so, then you have come to the right place as in this blog we will be focusing on the significance of video marketing and its key trends in detail. Let’s dive in;
Significance of Video Marketing and Its Impact on Small Businesses
Here’s why it’s so crucial;
- Videos Grab Attention:Video-based content is the most eye-catching, attention-grabbing and consumable form of content. Marketers can make videos to deliver the message in an engaging and entertaining way.
- Boosts Brand Awareness: Video marketing helps in increasing brand awareness. Brands can utilize tools and features provided by social media apps to create unique content that increases brand awareness among the public.
- Improves Website Traffic and SEO: Video marketing can help businesses divert traffic towards websitesand improve SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Brands can make video-based content that ends with a call to action, asking users to check out their website and make content using specific hashtags. Social media challenges, discounts and time-limited offers can be used to improve SEO and website traffic.
- Increases Conversion Rates: It is reported that videos can increase conversion rates by 80%. Businesses can use this to their advantage while drafting a marketing strategy with a keen focus on video-based content.
Key Video Marketing Trends 2023 for Small Businesses
1. Short-Form Video Dominance
Short-form video content has taken over the internet with the massive success of TikTok. Most platforms like Instagram and YouTube introduced Instagram reels and YouTube shorts to compete with TikTok. Consumption of short-form content is all-time high across social media platforms. Small businesses can utilize this to their advantage by making short-form video content with trending hashtags and sounds to market their business to the masses. You can buy likes and active followers to gain engagement on your TikTok videos, Instagram and Facebook Reels and YouTube shorts.
2. Live Streaming for Authentic Engagement
Live streaming is an exciting feature that can be utilized by small businesses to interact directly with their users and showcase their products and services in real-time. Live streams can be used to authentically promote business and answer customers’ queries in real-time. For a successful live stream, promote your live stream across social media profiles. You can collaborate with an influencer on a livestream to gain more eyeballs.
3. Shoppable Videos for E-commerce
With the increase of technology, marketers can make shoppable videos which enhance user experience and ease in buying the product. With one click, customers can view the product and simulate it in their own environment with the help of VR (Virtual Reality) and AR (Augmented Reality). Shoppable videos combine the ease of online shopping with the engagement of video content. Small businesses can use this to stay ahead of the competition.
4. Vertical and Mobile-First Videos
Nowadays, people are spending most of their time on their smartphones. Video-generated marketing content for businesses should be made with a Mobile-First focus and vertical orientation. Mobile-first content is made to be consumable on smartphones considering the short attention span of people. To succeed small businesses should focus on generating vertical and mobile-friendly content.
5. AI-Generated and Edited Videos
AI has taken over the digital world. Many apps now have in-built AI features that can be utilized to edit content. To stand out, small businesses can use AI and edit video content in a unique and engaging style. Do not just rely on In-build AI features, feel free to use quality software to edit content. Remember presentation matters a lot and first impressions are hard to forget.
6. Educational and How-To Videos
One of the ways small businesses can promote their business is by making educational and how-to videos on social media platforms. People are interested in knowing strange facts, hacks and tricks utilizing which they can do everyday tasks with less effort and minimum time. To make your videos go viral on social media platforms you can buy likes and followers from quality sources. Video content can be made which showcases how your product can be utilized or how a service is provided.
7. Utilize User-Generated Videos
User-generated content is a gold mine for any business. User-generated content results in higher conversions, helps humanize the brand, increases brand awareness and provides social proof. User-generated videos shared by businesses help in forming a community of loyal customers.
8. Sustainability and Social Impact Videos
Sustainability and social impact are the things about which people are extremely conscious. Sharing how your business is sustainable and what its social impact is will help you connect with socially conscious consumers of Gen Z and millennials for whom sustainability is of core importance.
Q: What is the latest trend in marketing?
A: Video marketing is the latest trend in marketing.
Q: What are the marketing trends for video in 2023?
A: Marketing trends for videos in 2023 are focused on making short-form video content on social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook Reels, TikTok videos and YouTube shorts.
Q: Is video the future of marketing?
A: Yes, short form video-based marketing is the future of marketing.
Q: How can I improve my video marketing?
A: Video marketing can be improved by researching audience needs, setting objectives, learning how to better use social media platforms and listening to feedback from customers.
To sum up, in 2023, video marketing trends are focused on making mobile-friendly short-form video content across social media platforms like TikTok videos, Instagram and Facebook Reels and YouTube shorts. Videos help grab attention, increase brand awareness and improve conversion rates. Small businesses can stand out among the competition by doing live streams, making shoppable videos, making educational and How-to-do videos and sharing user-generated content. Good luck and thanks for reading!