According to Local Brand Advisor, the easiest type of digital marketing to execute is Email Marketing. Email marketing has been around for years, setting the template for many online marketing strategies. However, not every business can benefit similarly from this marketing technique.
To better understand the right marketing channel for you and your business, Revenue Scout Marketing Company advises you must first understand the many types of digital marketing and how each works. Only then can you determine the right marketing solutions or combinations to meet your needs.
Below are some different types of digital marketing you can choose from, including email marketing. Read on.
Email marketing is one of the easiest forms of digital marketing. This marketing channel involves reaching out to an audience of regular or prospective customers with updates, deals, or other information that’ll spur them to act.
Many businesses rely on email marketing to keep their customers updated.
Advantages of Email Marketing
- Allows businesses to update customers on new changes, products, services, deals, or promotions.
- Delivers first-hand, personalized information to customers.
- Less intrusive to customers compared to texts and phone calls
- Higher chances of conversions from customers who have deliberately opted in to receive emails
Search Engine Optimization Marketing
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) focuses on building brand relevance, visibility, and authority on Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs). The result of such hard work is in the rankings when potential customers search specific target keywords.
Unlike email marketing, search engine algorithms constantly change, making this a dynamic and highly volatile but rewarding digital marketing channel.
Advantages of SEO
- Helps businesses and brands to improve their organic visibility and search results
- Encourages increased traffic for the specific keywords targeted
- It is dynamic and can be rewarding, especially when targeting high-conversion keywords
- It is long-term and can help replenish the budget spent on other digital marketing channels
Influencer and Social Media Marketing
Influencer and social media marketing leverage the power of social proof or social currency to push brands and products to target audiences. This industry is fast growing, especially as there are more than 3.8 billion social media users, according to a 2020 report.
With the increasing size of social media users and increased access to fast internet, brands and businesses often leverage voices in specific sectors and interests to push their products or brand name to specific audiences. For example, skin care product brands will often target beauty bloggers and influencers to review and rate their products to organic audiences.
This can significantly influence their bottom line and create the right buzz or publicity around their products or brand name.
Advantages of Social Media Marketing
- It can lead to direct organic customer base growth, seeing as companies are already targeting influencers with specific-interest followers.
- Product placement can help increase revenue.
- Businesses engage directly with customers on their favorite social media platforms.
Content marketing is perhaps the most versatile type of digital marketing technique on the internet. It has been around for years and forms the basic backbone of the internet. It involves sharing written articles and media files such as videos, photos, and more on social media and on the internet.
Content marketing can be a very powerful tool to drive brand growth and engagement. In fact, it plays directly into other forms of marketing, including email marketing, Search Engine Optimization, and Social media marketing. Leveraging content marketing can be a game changer for many businesses, especially those offering products. The right content can be used to describe product advantages, unique selling propositions, and why it is overall better.
Advantages of Content Marketing
- Keeps the audience engaged and interested
- Informs customers about products or services, including sales, coupons, and promotions
- Adds the human touch to your business, making it relatable and personable
- Helps to maintain a consistent relationship with the target audience.
Pay Per Click Marketing
This is perhaps the other side of SEO. This type of marketing technique focuses on advertising products or businesses online. With this marketing technique, businesses can buy or bid for ad positions while specifying the type of audience they wish to target.
PPC can be expensive and highly rewarding, depending on the strategies adopted and how fine-tuned the ad copies are.
Advantages of PPC Marketing
- It can help businesses generate a lot of revenue in a short time
- PPC is beneficial to all parties, including search engines, businesses, and consumers
Affiliate marketing is a third-party marketing strategy where an independent brand or business promotes another’s products or services to earn a commission on sales or leads generated. This type of marketing is often unsolicited and unrelated to the business.
Advantages of Affiliate Marketing
- Creates a source of income for platform owners and businesses
- Businesses get organic traffic and PR from independent platforms reviewing and recommending their products
- It can help create a buzz and demand for a product when shared by high authorities in specific niches or industries.
Individuals and brands can leverage any one or a combination of these digital marketing techniques to drive growth and revenue. Consider how each one fits into your business setup before getting started.