In this article, we delve into the net worth and career of Metro Boomin, a prominent American record producer, record executive, songwriter, and DJ. As of May 2023, Metro Boomin’s net worth is estimated to be approximately $16 million. Join us as we explore his journey, achievements, and notable contributions to the music industry.
Early Life and Background
Born on September 16, 1993, in St. Louis, Missouri, Metro Boomin, whose real name is Leland Tyler Wayne, grew up in a musically inclined family. His parents, Lamont and Leslie Wayne, originally hailed from Atlanta, Georgia. As a youngster, Metro Boomin attended Parkway North High School in St. Louis County, where he developed a passion for playing the bass guitar in his school band.
Metro Boomin’s rise to prominence began during his high school years when he embarked on a production career. He quickly gained recognition for his collaborations with Atlanta’s hip-hop and trap artists, including Future, 21 Savage, Gucci Mane, and Migos, in the mid-2010s. Notably, his work on Future’s album “Honest” with the hit song “Karate Chop,” featuring Lil Wayne, garnered widespread acclaim while Metro Boomin was still a freshman at Morehouse College.
Eager to pursue a full-fledged career in music production, Metro Boomin made the bold decision to drop out of college. This move allowed him to focus entirely on honing his craft and establishing himself as a sought-after producer in the industry.
Metro Boomin’s talent and dedication to his craft paid off, leading to numerous chart-topping collaborations and notable achievements. In 2015, the track “3500” by Travis Scott, featuring Future and 2 Chainz, reached impressive positions on various Billboard charts, including numbers 82, 25, and 16 on the Billboard US Hot 100, Billboard US R&B, and Billboard US Rap charts, respectively.
The following year, Metro Boomin’s collaboration with Kanye West on the song “Father Stretch my Hands Pt. 1,” featuring Kid Cudi, reached the ninth spot on the Billboard US Hot Rap chart. Additionally, his work on the song “Low Life” by Future, featuring The Weeknd, achieved significant success, peaking at the eighth and fifth positions on the Billboard US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop charts.
In 2017, Metro Boomin continued his streak of hits with the song “Bank Account” by 21 Savage, which reached the fifth and fourth spots on the Billboard US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop and Billboard US Hot Rap charts, respectively. Notably, the song received “platinum” certification from the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America).
In March 2018, Metro Boomin’s song “Ric Flair Drip” attained “3x platinum” certification from the RIAA and “gold” certification from the ARIA (Australian Recording Industry Association).
Metro Boomin’s Influence and Impact
Metro Boomin’s contributions to the music industry have left an indelible mark. His unique production style, characterized by hard-hitting beats and innovative soundscapes, has become synonymous with modern hip-hop and trap music. By collaborating with renowned artists and producing chart-topping hits, Metro Boomin has solidified his position as one of the industry’s most sought-after music producers.
Favorite Quotes From Metro Boomin
Here are some insightful quotes from Metro Boomin that offer a glimpse into his mindset and creative process:
- “School is the same as producing: If you want to make it far, there are a million, trillion people trying to do the same thing. If you’re not in over-grind mode, it’s probably not going to work the way that you want it to.” – Metro Boomin
- “One of the things I love about music and making beats is making something and watching someone’s reaction, knowing you can do something to manipulate the way people move or act.” – Metro Boomin
- “Working with Thug and working with Future feels the same. They don’t sound like each other, but their creative process and their level of talent is the same. Anybody who knows both of them would agree.” – Metro Boomin
- “A lot of people are programmed to think, ‘Oh, I want to do this, but I also want this.’ It’s like they want everything. You want your cake, and you want to eat it, too. Even though I guess you’re supposed to eat cake, but I never really get that saying.” – Metro Boomin
- “You hear what Thug says in his songs – the musical level of it is so crazy that it doesn’t register with some people, so they call it trash. But anybody who loves music can appreciate what he’s doing.” – Metro Boomin
Life Lessons From Metro Boomin
Let’s reflect on some valuable life lessons we can learn from Metro Boomin:
- Wake Up and be Grateful: Each new day offers an opportunity for a fresh start. Leave behind the setbacks of yesterday and approach each morning with gratitude and optimism.
- Print: Life is a reflection of the thoughts and actions we imprint on the world. Make conscious choices and strive to create a positive impact in your journey.
- You Will Win: When destined for success, external obstacles cannot hinder your path. Maintain unwavering determination, and even in the face of adversity, victory will be within reach.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is Metro Boomin worth? Metro Boomin’s net worth is estimated to be $16 million.
How old is Metro Boomin? Metro Boomin was born on September 16, 1993, making him 29 years old as of May 2023.
How tall is Metro Boomin? Metro Boomin stands at a height of 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in).
Metro Boomin has emerged as a prominent figure in the American music industry, leaving an indelible impact on hip-hop and trap music. Through his exceptional production skills and collaborations with renowned artists, he has achieved remarkable success. As of May 2023, Metro Boomin’s net worth is estimated to be around $16 million. With his unwavering dedication and innovative approach, he continues to inspire aspiring music producers and artists worldwide.