Often, crooked teeth take away confident smiles; they result from unsightly gaps and crowding. If you’re suffering from misaligned teeth that steal your confidence, you can seek help to correct the situation with Invisalign
Traditional braces have been the only way to correct crooked teeth and other deformities in the past. But, a modern method known as Invisalign in Weatherford can successfully straighten teeth without the side effects of metallic braces. Before committing to the procedure, ensure you get the best Invisalign from an experienced provider for a reliable outcome of beautiful, confident smiles.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a new alternative orthodontic treatment to metallic braces for straightening teeth. It’s a clear, durable, and smooth plastic alignment that’s molded to fit over your teeth. You change the clear invisible alignment every two weeks for a new set that slowly straightens your teeth to the correct positions.
The treatment is custom-made for each patient, and changing the clear braces over your teeth pulls them into position over time. They’re less noticeable than metallic braces, aesthetically pleasing, and comfortable as they align with your teeth precisely. This orthodontic treatment is effective, discreet, and ideal for children and adults.Check out Invisalign Melbourne for more information.
The Types of Dental Issues Invisalign Can Correct
Invisalign is suitable for various purposes, including moderate biting problems. Here are the dental issues Invisalign can correct.
- Overbite, crossbite, and underbite problems
- Open bite
- Gap teeth
- Teeth crowding
- Crooked teeth
- Uneven spacing
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign has a technology that uses Augmented Reality (AR) software to envision what your smile will look like once fitted with the precise alignment in 3D. The preview of what the end product will look like in the course of treatment is a valuable incentive to help you decide whether to go for it.
Once you begin wearing aligners, they must be on all day except when eating, brushing, drinking, or flossing. But ensure you only remove them when necessary to ensure their function is fully accomplished. You wear each set for two weeks; removing or returning the Invisalign is easy, and you don’t need assistance.
In the beginning, aligners will hold your teeth tightly, but after a few days, your teeth can move well. Aligners are custom-made to fit your teeth, which move slowly into position. Your teeth can feel loose, meaning there’s a shift in position, but don’t change before the lapse of two weeks to allow your teeth and gums to adjust to the new position. Depending on the treatment plan, your dentist can schedule a visit in six months to see how the treatment is progressing and if you need adjustments.
Changing Invisalign Aligners
After the series of changing the Invisalign treatment, your dentist will provide you with a retainer to ensure the new look remains in place. The aligners patients use during treatment are created using computer imaging software. Hence, you can see how the teeth will move, and the result is predictable. You should wear aligners for the longest time to get the best results. When you go through the entire series lineup, your teeth will most likely be in place.
Invisalign Time Frame
How long it takes for Invisalign to straighten teeth will depend on the treatment and the issue. Invisalign might take a shorter time to work on a patient than braces. The varied timeframe is because patients with braces must wait for orthodontics treatments for wire adjustments. Teeth with alignments must move systematically, and rushing the process can lead to unnecessary damage to the roots. Therefore, teeth must move gradually to avoid further deterioration in the process.
Benefits of Invisalign
If you’re considering Invisalign as an orthodontic treatment, it’s essential to know the benefits.
- They’re clear and unnoticeable.
- Teeth movement with Invisalign is precise.
- Maintaining good oral health with Invisalign is easy; patients remove Invisalign to eat, brush, then floss.
- The aligners are more comfortable and don’t irritate teeth or gums.
- Invisalign saves you time since you’re not required to visit the dentist often, and the treatment time is shorter.
Cons of Invisalign
- They are not recommended for complex problems and if you have bridgework on some teeth.
- You must adhere to guidelines like leaving the aligners on for 20 to 22 hours daily. If you slip them out regularly, you might not get the desired results.
- You must remove Invisalign when eating or brushing. If you don’t remove them to eat or brush, bacteria can build up and lead to cavities.
- Patients might be unable to eat some hard foods, which can cause tooth soreness because you must remove aligners to eat. So make sure you avoid anything that causes you to strain.